We combine providing an exciting eco-tour and the opportunity to swim with sea lions, with educating you about this endangered species and how to protect them.
Who we are
Sea Lion Charters was founded in 1998. Originally operating from Greenhead, we are now departing from Jurien Bay Marina giving us better access to Jurien Bay Marine Park.
Our goal is to educate more people to understand how endangered sea lions are and how we can help to protect them.
When you join Sea Lion Charters on a tour you can be assured of a unique experience, learning about the marine and bird life in the Jurien Bay Marine Park and of course swimming with the extremely rare sea lions.
Why we’re different
We are the original and the best sea lion tour in Jurien Bay and the Turquoise Coast.
▪ Experienced: With over 25 years of experience, we have seen it all! Our team know how to handle the weather and sea conditions to ensure you have a great tour.
▪ Professional: Our modern boats (Sound Waves and Mojo) and well-maintained equipment set the standard in comfort and hygiene. Our snorkelling equipment and wetsuits
▪ Experts: Our crew all update their knowledge on local marine life to ensure you have an educational tour. We pride ourselves on educating you about the rare Australian Sea Lions and ways you can protect them.
▪ Knowledgeable: We love the ocean and marine creatures. Because our team have lived locally for years, we know about sea lions and their behaviours, and other marine life you may see. We love staying on top of the latest marine trends so that we can provide the best possible tours for you.
▪ Eco-friendly: We have a policy of ‘leave no trace’ to keep the ocean free from pollution. We guarantee you will get to experience sea lions in their natural habitat.
▪ Approachable: Our friendly team are there to help you have a memorable and enjoyable trip. No question is too small or silly.
▪ Accredited: We are members of the Western Australian Tourism Commission and complete our Quality Business Accreditation annually, which requires licenses and qualifications to be obtained for compliance.
▪ Licensed: We are insured for Public Liability. All our skippers have Commercial Boating Licenses and many years of experience on the waters of Western Australia to ensure your safety.
What’s included in your Jurien Bay Sea Lion Tour?
Want to enjoy an interactive wildlife experience? Come on board a Jurien Bay sea lion tour and see why sea lions are such amazing creatures up close. We anchor near one of three colonies, and you can snorkel and interact with them for one to 1.5 hours or until they get bored of us
• Good quality Tusa masks, snorkels, and fins – masks and snorkels cleaned in an antibacterial solution after every tour
• Wetsuits – long arm, short leg 3mm custom made wetsuits – also washed in an antibacterial wetsuit wash after every tour
• Hot drinks – tea, coffee, and hot chocolate
• Drinking water
There is a toilet and changing area onboard the vessel.
There are hot shower facilities back at the Boat Harbour.
Treat yourself, your family, or your friends, to a truly unique experience on the West Australian coastline! Jurien Bay is only a short 2.5-hour drive north of Perth as a day trip or whilst making your way up or down our spectacular WA coastline to see many other sea creatures, such as the whale sharks in Exmouth, manta rays in Coral Bay or the dolphins in Monkey Mia.